How to remove calendar widget from home screen? Already deleted it from shortcut list, but it's still on the screen.
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

I placed the calendar widget on the home screen, but it takes up too much space.  So I removed it from the shortcuts list.  It remains on the home screen.  How do I clear it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to remove calendar widget from home screen? Already deleted it from shortcut list, but it's still on the screen.
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took the phone to the Moab, Utah Verizon (non-corporate) store. The

manager there simply pressed the widget for a few seconds until the trash

can appeared, drug the widget to it, and problem is solved. Thanks for

keeping after it yourself.

Dean

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 7:43 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How to remove calendar widget from home screen? Already deleted it from shortcut list, but it's still on the screen.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kerkls - We want you to be able to customize your phone the way you want it. I'm here to help. What's the make/model of your phone? Let us know and then we can properly advise on how to get that calendar widget removed from your home screen.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

the phone is an LG Extravert 2 Verizon SKU: LG-VN280

Dean

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also the MSN is 509CYMR0554251 if that helps at all.

Dean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that device information Kerkls. Let's work together to get that Calendar Widget removed. In order to do so, you will need to access your Shortcuts menu. That menu can be accessed by pressing on the blue > arrow along the left side of your home screen. Then, touch the Shortcuts tab to customize which shortcuts appear on your home screen.

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did as instructed. The shortcut screen shows the clock widget and a

"/-" button. I clicked the "/-" button and a drop-down list appears. The

only item checked is the clock widget. No other items are checked. Yet

the calendar widget is still displayed on the home screen.

Dean

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

On that shortcuts drop-down list there are both a "Calendar Widget" item

and a "Calendar" item. I clicked both, backed out to the home screen which

still displayed the calendar widget. So I went back in to the shortcuts

menu and removed the checkmarks for both calendar entries, and clicked

"set". The home screen still displays the calendar widget.

Dean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kerls - Your time and efforts are appreciated. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this. It certainly appears as if you have the correct options set via your shortcuts. Since the phone is still trying to hold on to that Calendar widget on the display (even while unchecked), please do the following to see if it will permanently disappear:  http://vz.to/1GNx4nu. Keep us posted with the results.

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope. Turned the phone off. Removed the battery. Waited about 30 seconds.

Reinstalled the battery. Booted the phone up. Home screen opened with the

calendar widget still in place.

Dean

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Kerkls
Enthusiast - Level 2

I repeated the process a 2nd time but waited 60 seconds before reinstalling

the battery and rebooting Calendar widget still on the home screen.

Dean

0 Likes