I cannot send texts to my phone from e-mail at work or at home. I can send one from the verizon web site.
rhartw

I cannot send texts to my phone from e-mail at work or at home.  I can send one from the verizon web site.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot send texts to my phone from e-mail at work or at home.  I can send one from the verizon web site.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try sending to your 10-digit-phone-number@vzwpix.com  (no dashes in the phone #, just the digits).  I just tried it from my email to my phone number@vzwpix.com and I got it as a text message on my phone, from my email address.

0 Likes
Re: I cannot send texts to my phone from e-mail at work or at home. I can send one from the verizon web site.
rhartw

Sending to vzwpix.com worked.  Why doesn't vtext.com work?

0 Likes
Re: I cannot send texts to my phone from e-mail at work or at home.  I can send one from the verizon web site.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

vtext is SMS, limited to 160 characters (140?) and when sending through email, headers, signatures, font formatting, etc all use up those characters or result in the message not being able to be sent via simple SMS.  vzwpix, on the other hand, sends as MMS, giving you up to 1000 characters and much more flexibility as to content.

At least, that's how my simple brain understands it.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes