I get no wireless signal in my home, so need a network extender for the Lumia 2520. Specs indicate LTE FDD network:Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz). Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia?
Astromandata

I get no wireless signal inside my home, only outside, so I need a network extender that will work for the Lumia 2520, Specs indicate it uses LTE FDD netork Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz).  Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia 2520?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I get no wireless signal in my home, so need a network extender for the Lumia 2520.  Specs indicate LTE FDD network:Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz). Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate your time Astromandata! I was able to click on the link and seen that this is for a tablet. With a tablet the network extender will not assist with LTE services. I did pull up the zip code and I do see this is a good area and you should be able to use your services there.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I get no wireless signal in my home, so need a network extender for the Lumia 2520. Specs indicate LTE FDD network:Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz). Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you get service in your home Astromandata! I can check your area to see if you qualify for the network extender. What's your zip code? If it does qualify than you will be able to use it for your Lumia to support your voice services. Find out more information here: http://spr.ly/6585fNlt Is anyone else having this issue?
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: I get no wireless signal in my home, so need a network extender for the Lumia 2520.  Specs indicate LTE FDD network:Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz). Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia?
Astromandata

The Lumia 2520 has no voice services, it's a tablet.  The link provided is for a 3G extender.  Can you assure me the SCS-2U01 will work?  This is why I listed the specs "LTE FDD network: Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz)" from here: Nokia Lumia 2520 Specifications - Microsoft - USA

0 Likes
Astromandata

Zip is 33548

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate your time Astromandata! I was able to click on the link and seen that this is for a tablet. With a tablet the network extender will not assist with LTE services. I did pull up the zip code and I do see this is a good area and you should be able to use your services there.  Let me know if you have any additional questions.
AmberF_VZW
0 Likes
Astromandata

Thank you.  So the answer to my original question "Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia 2520?", is no.  Is that correct?

0 Likes
Re: I get no wireless signal in my home, so need a network extender for the Lumia 2520. Specs indicate LTE FDD network:Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz). Does Verizon offer a network extender that will work with the Lumia?
Not applicable

Verizon supports LTE Band 13/4 (700/1700 MHz). You need a Verizon SIM to be able to use those. Verizon network extenders do not support those frequencies they supports CDMA frequencies only. And if you can use a Network Extender then it means you have access to regular internet so why would you just use wi-fi?

0 Likes
Astromandata

Thank you.  Yes I can, and do, use wi-fi at home, but at times need another IP address in certain instances.  Sounds like I'm out of luck. 

If anyone knows of a 4G repeater that covers these bands or some other solution to getting the signal inside my house, TIA! 

0 Likes
Astromandata

LOL, also at the risk of alienating Vz, I prefer to use my paid for allotment of data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Astromandata wrote:

Thank you.  Yes I can, and do, use wi-fi at home, but at times need another IP address in certain instances.  Sounds like I'm out of luck.

If anyone knows of a 4G repeater that covers these bands or some other solution to getting the signal inside my house, TIA!

I'm not sure why you need another IP address but wouldn't  VPN do that job? If you need extra coverage in your house you can get a second router to use as an extender

0 Likes