I'm trying to Sync my phone to my car and my phone doesn't recognize the car Sync. What is wrong?
TRoor

Just bought a car and am trying to Sync my cell phone with the car and it's not working.  What am I doing wrong??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm trying to Sync my phone to my car and my phone doesn't recognize the car Sync. What is wrong?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both the car's system and your phone need to be placed into "Discovery Mode" - then they can find each other.  How you do that depends on the specific phone you have (steps are different with different devices) and your car's system (your owner's manual will give instructions for setting up bluetooth).

It may take a few attempts to get the sequence right, and get the pairing done, but hopefully your phone and car are compatible and will work together for you. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm trying to Sync my phone to my car and my phone doesn't recognize the car Sync. What is wrong?
Not applicable

Look in your owners manual or auto connection guide and or visit the dealers support department.

I am not sure a Basic Phone can connect to a vehicles hands free/text systems. It may be able to but the manual and dealership know for sure.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both the car's system and your phone need to be placed into "Discovery Mode" - then they can find each other.  How you do that depends on the specific phone you have (steps are different with different devices) and your car's system (your owner's manual will give instructions for setting up bluetooth).

It may take a few attempts to get the sequence right, and get the pairing done, but hopefully your phone and car are compatible and will work together for you. 

0 Likes