It all comes down to Money...
Mayberry_Marie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon for about 7 months, each month my bill gets higher and higher because of my data usage. I have tried not using my phone to do task I got the phone in the first place to do, I keep upgrading to keep from getting overcharges. My mother is on a plan with another company and is paying 20-30 dollars less then I do a month and she has 3 smart phones on her plan and gets more data, I want to stay with Verizon but I cant afford it anymore and considering just coming up with the 350.00 to term. my contract because I have done the math and by switching ill be saving hundreds in the long run by the end of my contract.... any suggestions would be awesome, I have been told to take off all data and take the service down to the lowest possible and just pay that small big a month but there has to be a better way....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: It all comes down to Money...
rcschnoor
Legend

Mayberry_Marie wrote:

I just want to know what my best options are, I am a full-time college student on a budget I use my phone a lot, is there no way to get my cost down on data ? and or tips on what to use and not to use ?  I know where ever I go there is going to be fees and or charges nothing is free I understand that part I came on here for advice and to state my concerns as a customer.

My daughter, also a full-time college student, utilizes her college's available wi-fi while on campus. She has wifi for her phone AND laptop throughout the campus AND in her dorm room. During the school year, her cellular data usage is almost non-existent. Possibly you should check to see if it is available at your school.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

If another provider will match your needs better, it sounds as if you already have your answer. A different provider. Good luck with the new provider.Smiley Happy

Personally, I don't understand why people keep trying to find something new with Verizon. Simply go with the provider which best suits your needs.Smiley Happy

Not applicable

$350-$10 per month through 24 months for a smart phone.

However you are posting in the "Basic Phone Forum" so I can only say go to a provider that is cheaper and has coverage.

So let's see, you leave Verizon pay up to $350 plus last month of service and the say you jump to T-Mobile. http://www.T-Mobile.com

You have to pay full price for your device say $700 plus $10 for the Sim kit, plus $38 activation fee and pick a plan say unlimited talk and text and data for $90 a month plus taxes and fees.

Now you are spending over $1,000.00

And the coverage may be worse than what you have now.

It is a risk. Choose carefully.

Good Luck

Mayberry_Marie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a home computer to save on my data lol so that why it says that, I have a smart phone just cant afford to use it. I just want to know what my best options are, I am a full-time college student on a budget I use my phone a lot, is there no way to get my cost down on data ? and or tips on what to use and not to use ?  I know where ever I go there is going to be fees and or charges nothing is free I understand that part I came on here for advice and to state my concerns as a customer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The trouble is even a basic phone has a data charge. $10 difference than a smart phone.

You can take a plan with a lower data allotment. But again if you use more its pay through the nose.

Another carrier may be better or look into those all you can eat prepaid devices which right now there is a service from T-Mobile for $40 everything inclusive.

That may be the way to go.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Mayberry_Marie wrote:

I just want to know what my best options are, I am a full-time college student on a budget I use my phone a lot, is there no way to get my cost down on data ? and or tips on what to use and not to use ?  I know where ever I go there is going to be fees and or charges nothing is free I understand that part I came on here for advice and to state my concerns as a customer.

My daughter, also a full-time college student, utilizes her college's available wi-fi while on campus. She has wifi for her phone AND laptop throughout the campus AND in her dorm room. During the school year, her cellular data usage is almost non-existent. Possibly you should check to see if it is available at your school.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mayberry_Marie wrote:

I am using a home computer to save on my data lol so that why it says that, I have a smart phone just cant afford to use it. I just want to know what my best options are, I am a full-time college student on a budget I use my phone a lot, is there no way to get my cost down on data ? and or tips on what to use and not to use ?  Use wifi whenever you can instead of the cellular data.  Wifi does not count against your data plan allowance, cellular data does.  I know where ever I go there is going to be fees and or charges nothing is free I understand that part I came on here for advice and to state my concerns as a customer.

What phone do you have?  You posted in the basic phones section but you say you have data overages...so what phone and plan do you have now?

There are ways, both built into the phone and with apps, to track your data usage (wifi and cellular) to see if you are making the best use of wifi.  A few more details about your specific phone and plan will help us to figure out ways yo can save.

0 Likes