LG Cosmos 2...How do you turn the shop app off?
Fritz69

The shop app thing has not always been there and I don't know what I done wrong to make it suddenly start popping up. Now every time I pick up my phone to use it I click ok to unlock then I have to wait for the stupid "shop app" to load and open so I can close it, BEFORE I can make a call. Any help would be appreciated this thing is really making me hate my phone now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos 2...How do you turn the shop app off?
gbmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same problem.  Help, please!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there gbmom. I am sorry to hear about the issue that you are having with the shop application popping up everytime you try to use the phone. I know how annoying that could be, espcially if you do not use the application and I am here to ensure that this issue is resolved.

Are you referring to the daily scoop application? This is an application that is preinstalled on the phone and cannot be uninstalled. It can be turned off though so it doesn't continuously pop of for you.

To turn it off please follow the steps below:

- Launch Daily Scoop
- Select 'Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs'
- Choose 'Off' and 'Save'.
- Repeat the same procedure for 'Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs'

If you are still having trouble after, please let me know and I can continue to assist.

NickB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gityup65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still having the same problem mentioned above by Fritz69 & gbmom. Not having a problem with the "Daily Scoop" which I have turned off. Whenever I turn my phone on, it loads the red " Shop Apps" screen. I've reset all of my shortcut keys to "Alarm Clock" with no effect. It's really annoying because I have to wait for the "Shop Apps" screen to fully load before I can turn it off and go to the regular phone screen.

Any other ideas?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning gityup65!

I'm sorry to see that continue to experience issues with unwanted apps. Please try disabling Multimedia Auto Receive and test: Go to 'Messaging", scroll down to "Settings", then scroll to "Multimedia Auto Receive" & make sure it is set to 'off'.  Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
gityup65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Turned the "Multimedia Auto Receive" to off. Been cheking the phone for the past few weeks. Problem still persists. It seems to be doing it when I haven't used my phone for a while. So at least once per day the phone goes to the "Shop Apps" when I unlock it by hitting the OK key. After initially opening the phone and getting the "Shop Apps" screen, I can turn the phone off and on repeatedly with no problem.

gityup65

abouttoswitch711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also just started having this problem.  It is very frustrating, as I have made no changes what so ever to any settings on my phone.  I did not opt to receive these ads. Nor was I notified that I would be receiving them. That is wrong on Verizon's part.  I got the LG Touch, b/c I don't want or need a phone with any options but phone and text capabilities.  For you to choose for me to now receive, wait for it to load and then decline an ad that I never asked for is ridiculous.  I have tried all the "suggestions"  and others that the Verizon Costumer Support Rep suggested above and to no avail.

Please fix this!

Wendy

PS It is also disappointing that there has been no response from Costumer Service since gityup65's last response indicating that the suggested "fix" did not fix anything.

pullinghairs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same problem as everyone else. The "fix" hasn't worked so far. I need this phone in case of emergency for an epileptic/autistic child and when I need help I need it quick! Please find a fix! It's not just about convenience a few seconds can make all the difference in an emergency!  jay

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly understand your concern here, pullinghairs. I know the importance of staying in contact in the case of emergency. Have you attempted to remove the application from the device? http://vz.to/URawXd

Yosef_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SimonHsu
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Customer Support. There is no way to remove the app. When I tried to delete it using the methods delineated on your link, I was unable to find the cancel subscription button

0 Likes