LG Cosmos Touch - Touch Screen not responding to "touch"
sport66502

I have an LG Cosmos Touch. I had just used the touch screen to place a call. After the call ended, I went to use the touch screen again to try to place another call. Although, this time the screen did not respond again. I have tried to simply power the phone off and on again, as well as pulling the battery. To no avail, I still have the same issue with the phone. I even checked via USB cable to see if there was a software update available for my device, which there is none. What else can be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Touch Screen not responding to "touch"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry for the trouble you've encountered on the LG Cosmos, sport66502. Lets take a look at this!

You did a large amount of troubleshooting. Is the screen still not responding to touch? Does the device have any physical/liquid damage? This would include any corrosion, rust, cracks, missing keys, etc.

Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sport66502

No it did NOT have any type of damage to it. I had taken it into the store the following day after this post, went thru a lot of other issues the next day regarding the store, to finally have customer service/the warranty exchange center exchange out my device with a like-new one. Amazing it only took 9 days to get a reply on this forum. Obviously not a go-to place.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer customer forum. Not every user reads or responds to every post. Also it isn't a direct link to customer service even though there are VZW employees that roam the community and respond to unanswered questions like yours.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boomermr2

I had the exact same issue today.  There was no damage done to the phone. The touch screen worked one minute and didn't the next. Tried all the same things, battery, powering it off and on, nothing is working.  I was able to get to the calibration screen through the keypad but it isn't helping because it doesn't recognize that it's being touched to calibrate it. Were they able to figure out what the problem is?

0 Likes
sport66502

No boomermr2, I do not know what the issue was. I had a warranty exchange that was done instead to receive a like new device. I had to have this done before as well with the same issue with the phone, except the 1st time I was able to get to the calibration screen as well, which did absolutely nothing as well, just like the issue you are having currently. So, if there is NO damage to the phone, then I would call customer service for a warranty exchange and/or take it into the store to have them look into the issue and possibly do a warranty exchange if you are eligible of course.

0 Likes
RyGuy1536

I had similar problems with the phone today.  Unfortunately, I am nearing the two year mark with this phone so I am unable to return it under the factory warranty.  I also do not want to buy a new phone at retail price since I will be entitled to an upgrade in less than 6 months.  Although I doubt many would recommend this as a solution, out of frustration I resorted to the old way of doing things and smacked the thing against the table until the touch screen responded.  The touch screen is now responding and I am at least able to transfer everything to a micro sd card.  I will be looking for my old phone in the mean time, the LG Envy.  When the screen fails to respond again I will be moving back to that phone.

0 Likes
andersd6

This is my 3rd phone that the screen has went out on...  I can upgrade in 3 months so I am trying to wait to get another phone.  This is by far the worst phone I have ever had.  I HATE IT!

0 Likes