LG Cosmos Touch broken screen, how do I get my contacts off of the phone?
bondie

I have an LG Cosmos Touch and the screen is broken, I didnt back up my contact list! Is there any way I can get those contacts off of the phone without the damn screen? I've already taken it to the Verizon store and they said I was screwed. Is this true?! Any way to get that data off of the phone? I have two Cosmos. could I switch screens for a sec, just to get the info from the broken phone? How difficult would that be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Cosmos Touch broken screen, how do I get my contacts off of the phone?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you didn't back up the contacts, then it's going to be difficult.  Does the phone work at all?  You can try installing Backup assistant and then using your computer to access the contact list, but without the screen, the installation will be a challenge.

You can do what my daughter did when she lost her phone and didn't have her contacts backed up - posted on FB to have everyone text her and include their name so she could add them to her new phone... 

0 Likes
bondie

Well, I'm an anti-FB person myself and have never had an account so that wont work for me. The phone works with the exception of the touch screen, its got a crack right down the middle of it. If I could just switch the screen from the working to the non-working phone I would be in business.....thank you for your help though!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try swapping out the screen yourself.  I'm sure Google or YouTube has instructions somewhere, but it's probably a project you where you want to be very cautious - maybe a jewelry repair or watch repair shop would have the tools.  I'm sure it can be done, but you may end up totally hosing the phone if it isn't done right.  Then again, it may work out perfectly fine and you've gained back your phone.

0 Likes