LG Extravert 2. I can't send text messages to a group of recipients (2 or more people). When I add the second recipient the system switches to media. Why would it do that? When I try to send any media message, the arrows spin and it says "connecting" on t
salemymeyer

LG Extravert 2. I can't send text messages to a group of recipients (2 or more people). When I add the second recipient the system switches to media. Why would it do that? When I try to send any media message, the arrows spin and it says "connecting" on the screen and eventually a message appears saying "Message Retrieval Failed." Can you help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Extravert 2. I can't send text messages to a group of recipients (2 or more people). When I add the second recipient the system switches to media. Why would it do that? When I try to send any media message, the arrows spin and it says "connecting"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

salemymeyer,

I can explain further. When you send a group message it does switch to MMS as it does require more data to send. This is working as designed. You can go online and remove the block at vzw.com We apologize for any inconvenience. 

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert 2. I can't send text messages to a group of recipients (2 or more people). When I add the second recipient the system switches to media. Why would it do that? When I try to send any media message, the arrows spin and it says "connecting"
bobbyn_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good day Salemymeyer! Help is here! When you send a "group message" the message is converted to an MMS "multimedia message". An MMS is when you add either a picture, sound or video file. But this also counts when sending a group message. Do you have any blocks for mms messaging on your account or restrictions on data such as a block? WHen did the issue begin? Have you ever been able to send a group message?

Bobbyn_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
salemymeyer

This is my young daughter's phone, so we have blocked all data. She can only use voice and text. I was able to send a group message once, but that is the only time it worked as far as I know. It just seems strange that sending to a group has the affect of turning a text message into a MMS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying salemymeyer. Due to the data blocked placed on her line, this will also block the ability to send a group message. Were you able to send a grop text prior to the block being placed on the line?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
salemymeyer

The block on data has always been on the account/line.

Why is a group message treated as data? I don't understand why that would be the case.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

salemymeyer,

I can explain further. When you send a group message it does switch to MMS as it does require more data to send. This is working as designed. You can go online and remove the block at vzw.com We apologize for any inconvenience. 

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes