LG Extravert Facebook Messaging
LGVN271

Hey all

Thanks for stopping by.  i have a problem activating texts from my phone. Well the problem isn't exactly activating the text messaging for facebook, but rather receiving texts from facebook. This is weird because it worked on my old verizon LG VX5500 phone. I've followed the Facebook directions of sending F, FB, or ON to facebook. I've been doing this everyday for 2 months without getting a response. I was starting to wonder if this was a problem on facebook's end but then realized that I couldnt recieve any message from facebook. I tried sending a message from Facebook mobile page (https://www.facebook.com/mobile) just to test it out but I didnt recieve any messages. I have a few features on my phone blocked including mobile web data, unlimited text messaging, and premium messaging, but I was told those options arn't need to text Facebook. Also some people are saying Verizon representatives say facebook isn't supported but I'm curious because my VN 271 LG Extravert has options to update facebook status and message. Is there any options blocked that could possibly cause this, any other reasons as why this could happen? How can I fix this? Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert Facebook Messaging
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

If I am hearing you correctly, you have regular texting blocked. You would need to unblock regular texting to receive texts from Facebook.

0 Likes
LGVN271

If I am not mistaken, I have checked my blocked services and my regular texting is not blocked. I am still able to text with friends and family members.

0 Likes
LGVN271

The only messages I don't receive are messages from Facebook. However, they for for others. What else could cause this to happen? How do I fix this?

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

Facebook dropped the feature like a year go to be able to send facebook messages from one user to another via text. However, status updates, wall posts, comments, those still come through on my phone anyway (dont have a smartphone, dont need one.)

0 Likes
LGVN271

That is true however, I am unable to recieve confirmation messages too. So I can't even register my phone for texting.

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

Lets see, I would suggest trying to do a hard reset on your phone. This will erase everything and make it like it just came from the factory. Make sure you have your contacts backed up with back up assistant. If this does not work, I would suggest trying to call verizon and see if they can help you out at all.

0 Likes