LG Extravert earpiece and microphone not working
mchart1116

Earpiece and microphone suddenly stopped working about a week ago.  Tried *228, taking out battery - nothing is fixing it.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Extravert earpiece and microphone not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mchart1116,

Oh no! It's definitely important to have a properly working earpiece and microphone. Let's get this resolved asap. Thanks for the troubleshooting that you have completed thus far. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? What happens when you receive a call, does it sound low or can you not hear anything at all? Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mchart1116

It's my son's phone and it hasn't been dropped or exposed to liquid.  It worked one day and stopped working the next.  There wasn't a slow degradation of sound or anything.

When a call comes in, the phone rings clearly but he can't hear anything from the earpiece and when he talks, the microphone isnt' picking up the sound so the person on the phone can't hear him speak.  I was going to try a headset (corded set, not bluetooth) to see if that might work but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Any other suggestions?  He's had the phone abut a year - its' been dropped a couple of times but not recently.  and it has a good case.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are contradicting yourself in your message. First the phone hasn't been dropped and later it has been dropped?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mchart1116

It wasn't dropped around the time it stopped working.

0 Likes
mchart1116

Hello - is there something that can be done to correct this or more trouble shooting that can be done?

0 Likes