LG Octane text message entry mode
maria20

Hi,

I just bought a new LG Octane and was wondering if there was any way to change the default entry mode from "Abc" to "abc", without having to press shift or function after each period and space?

Thanks,

Maria

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Octane text message entry mode
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello maria20,

There is definitely steps on how to change the text entry mode in your phone. These instructions can be found in the User's Manual of the device, on page 53. Here is a link to the manual, as well as the steps typed out, for your convenience.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5554&m=

Message Settings-Allows you to configure settings for

your messages.

Using the Internal Keypad

1. Open the flip and press the Menu key (OK)

2. Press Messaging

3. Press Settings

4. Use the directional key and scroll to one of the settings and press the OK key

Message Sub-Menu to update the Entry Mode-Option 2 in the menu, after following the steps above.

Select T9Word, Abc, abc, ABC, or 123 or T9 Palabra and press OK.

I hope this information is helpful for you, as well as other users of the LG Octane.

Thanks and have a good day,

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maria20

Hi Christina B,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried changing the entry mode using these steps, but it stays in "Abc" in the body of text message, even when any of the other settings is selected. It also doesn't show "abc" in the list of options under Entry Mode.

-Maria

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi maria20,

From what you posted, it seems as if you already gone into the Settings menu and set what you want. But, when you go into a message, a different setting is showing on the device? If this is the case, I think it will be much easier to resolve this for you if we take this offline. Please send me a DM with your name and mobile number. I will be happy to own this issue and find a resolution for you.

Thanks so much!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sampapag

text me at >Personal info removed to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1