LG Revere + bluetooth freezes on incoming calls
Random297834

I've been using my LG Revere with Plantronics Voyager Pro for a long time and had no issues. The Voyager Pro, while still operational, started to fall apart. I received a new Voyager Legend recently and started using it instead. What happens now is that on incoming calls from wireless carriers my bluetooth device picks but the phone consistently freezes with Verizon logo on the screen. I need to remove battery every time to reset the phone. My first thought was a faulty bluetooth device. I contacted Plantronics support and they suggested trying it on a different device to confirm, so I did. I connected it to my wife's LG Acollade (sorry, we are a bit behind times) and I encountered no issues whatsoever. Also, what is interesting the phone seems to freeze only when incoming call is from a wireless number. Calls from land lines and voip do not freeze the phone. I know, first instinct tell us that the bluetooth is broken, but now I'm not entirely convinced. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Revere + bluetooth freezes on incoming calls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may have nothing to do with the issue, but have you removed the non-working device from your list of possible connections on the phone?  Since both are Plantronics, there may be a conflict if both devices are still listed on the phone - it may be connecting with the wrong one, so it works partially.  By deleting the non-functioning device, it can ONLY connect to the new one.  Does that make sense?

0 Likes
Re: LG Revere bluetooth freezes on incoming calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thanks for the awesome information SuzyQ. I'm sorry you're having issues with your bluetooth connection Random297834. I know this is a very important functionality. I would also make sure the software on your phone is up to date. This could also have an effect on your phones compatibility to the bluetooth connection. Please keep us posted.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: LG Revere + bluetooth freezes on incoming calls
Random297834

Hello. I'm sorry for late response. SuzyQ, that was great suggestion and I hoped that it would solve the problem. I indeed had both bluetooth devices (old and new) added on my phone. I removed the old device from the list but unfortunately the problem still persists.

Kinquana_VZW, I also checked the firmware on my phone and it already appears to be up to date.

Is there anything else I could try?

I find it really puzzling that the phone does not freeze when receiving calls from land/voip lines. Could it have something to do with caller ID data or any additional information that may be sent (I'm just guessing here) from wireless carriers that my phone+bluetooth combination has problem processing?

0 Likes