LG cosmos phone, "card not inserted"
Jillie76

I have the same issue everyone else is having with connecting my phone to my computer with the provided USB cable and not being able to copy pictures. My phone does not have the MicroSD card inserted because when I select USB Mass Storage on my cell phone it gives me a "Card Not Inserted" message. Can we go to any store and buy any MicroSD Card then install it, so we will then be able to copy pictures over to our computer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG cosmos phone, "card not inserted"
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which Cosmos model do you have?  The LG Cosmos 2 and 3 support Micro SD cards up to 32 GB.  I believe you have to have an SD card installed for the phone to be recognized by the computer when connected via USB.  Once the card is installed, you can move your pictures to the SD card:

Transfer Pictures with a Memory Card LG Cosmos VN250 LG LG Cosmos 2 VN251 LG Cosmos 3 LG Cosmos 3 | ...

The SD card can then either be read using an SD card reader or by connecting the phone and computer with the USB cable.

Transfer Pictures Videos LG LG Cosmos 2 VN251 LG Cosmos 3 LG Cosmos 3 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which Cosmos model do you have?  The LG Cosmos 2 and 3 support Micro SD cards up to 32 GB.  I believe you have to have an SD card installed for the phone to be recognized by the computer when connected via USB.  Once the card is installed, you can move your pictures to the SD card:

Transfer Pictures with a Memory Card LG Cosmos VN250 LG LG Cosmos 2 VN251 LG Cosmos 3 LG Cosmos 3 | ...

The SD card can then either be read using an SD card reader or by connecting the phone and computer with the USB cable.

Transfer Pictures Videos LG LG Cosmos 2 VN251 LG Cosmos 3 LG Cosmos 3 | Verizon Wireless

narntek
Contributor - Level 3

TikiBar has it right, here. But, one thing to add, you cannot just hook the phone up and view the pictures (at least with my previous experiences with this handset), you have to connect the card directly to the PC via a card-reader. Maybe it's because I have a Mac, but that is always what I've had to do.

0 Likes