Lg Cosmos II won"t delete texts.
ibekaylaful

I have the LG Cosmos II and it's not letting me delete some of the messages, what should i do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Cosmos II won"t delete texts.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ibekaylaful!

Let's make sure you can delete messages, I know you want to make room for more! I use messaging all the time, so I know how important it is. Do you get an error message when trying to delete, or does the phone act as if the deletion was successful? Please pull the battery while the phone is on, and wait 60 seconds. Then, re-attach the battery, power the phone on, and try again. If this still doesn't work, you may want to try a master reset of the device. You will lose pictures, so I would recommend backing everything up through your PC first. You shouldn't lose your contacts, especially if you have Backup Assistant, but to be on the safe side, please do the backup before the reset. Here are the steps for the reset, once you have everything backed up:

http://bit.ly/VnZ6xQ

This is the link to the User Manual of the Cosmos 2, as well as other information about the phone. Click on the link for the Owner's Manual, and you will find the steps listed on page 94 as "Restore Phone."

Please let me know how this goes for you! Thanks in advance,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ibekaylaful

it acts like the delete was successful but it won't delete it. i've tried all the resets and what not and it doesn't work.

0 Likes
hugoweasley

Same thing is happening to me.. I reset the phone and everything and it still won't erase any of my messages.

0 Likes
ibekaylaful

i called in and had them help me and it still wouldn't delete, they said it was most likely a software problem. they sent a replacement phone. try calling in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@hugoweasley,

I understand how frustrating and inconvenient this must be and I'm here to help!

How long have you had this issue? Do you have the current software version VN251ZV3? Visit  http://bit.ly/Qnhp4i and follow the steps to check.

Have you tried rebooting the phone by removing the battery for a minute? This may help.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes