List of Retired Basic Phones That Can Still Be Activated?
airpa18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot (and do not want to) use a smartphone but I do a lot of texting. I understand that Verizon will no longer activate 3G phones. I also understand that Verizon does not currently offer any basic phones with QWERTY keyboards. However, are there any older (retired) basic phones with QWERTY keyboards (or at least something better than a flip phone) that can still be activated and will continue to work after Dec. 31, 2019? I am devastated that my cherished Chocolate Touch, Intensity III and ENV Touch are all suddenly useless and worry that if my current phones stop working I'll be up a creek without a paddle - or a lifeline.

Labels (1)
Re: List of Retired Basic Phones That Can Still Be Activated?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer myself, I definitely understand the importance of having a phone that you’re comfortable with, airpa18. Sadly, any older, retired, phones with a QWETRY keypad would fall into the list of phones that are not able to be activated. Our lineup of LTE ready basic phones is updated frequently. You can keep an eye on those available devices here: http://spr.ly/6589D7BjJ

Joseph_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
airpa18
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is very disappointing to hear. My family (and I imagine many others) will be leaving Verizon for other networks next year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

airpa18, It would be sad to see you leave the Verizon family. I want to work to keep this relationship going. Were you able to take a look at the basic phones we had available? If so did you see anything that interests you? What are the main features you are looking for in a device?  

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
airpa18
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have looked at the five basic phones available and do not care for any of them or their features. We do not wish to have smartphones as we do not use the internet on our mobile devices and do not wish to. We want simple phones that are reliable for phone calls and make texting easy. For this reason, basic phones with QWERTY keyboards (or touch on-screen keyboards) have long been our preference. I realize that these phones are few and far between but our favorites the Chocolate Touch, Intensity III, Extravert 2, Versa and ENV Touch have long proven to be just what we want and need.