Mailing Ringtones From PC to GZ One Ravine 2
aspiring-author

My dad just got a GZ One Ravine 2 and we'd like to put a ringtone on it.  I have one that I created with http://makeownringtone.com/ and they've always worked on my phone which is a Samsung Brightside.  All I have to do is send the ringtone I've created as an attachment in my e-mail to the phone number (example 1234567890@vzwpix.com).  When I tried that it doesn't work with his phone.  Do I need to send it somewhere other than vzwpix.com for the GZ?  This shouldn't be that hard and yet I've been trying all evening to figure out how to do it.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for your time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mailing Ringtones From PC to GZ One Ravine 2
golddiamonds
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Aspiring-Author.

Does your Dad's phone have memory card support on it?  If so, then try the following:

1.  Copy your ringtone from a PC to a memory card that is compatible with your Dad's phone.

2.  Put the memory card in your Dad's phone and go into the menu option that will let you view the memory on the card.

3.  Select your ringtone and transfer it from the card to the phone.

4.  Find the location of the ringtone file on the phone.  At this point, your ringtone should be a type of song file on the phone.

5.  Select your ringtone file and select to save it as a ringtone on the phone.

Depending on the format and the size of the file, the song file should be saved as a ringtone.  My instructions are pretty generic because I do not know anything about your Dad's phone but I think you get the idea of my "backdoor" approach.  Do let me know if it works for you.  🙂

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to try phonezoo - I've used it for several years with several phones and it has worked for all of them.  You create teh ringtone on the site, and tell them which phone and carrier you have, and they send the created ringtone to your phone.  It's worked for basic phones, BlackBerry, Android, and Windows phones for us.

0 Likes
golddiamonds
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, Aspiring-Author.

Does your Dad's phone have memory card support on it?  If so, then try the following:

1.  Copy your ringtone from a PC to a memory card that is compatible with your Dad's phone.

2.  Put the memory card in your Dad's phone and go into the menu option that will let you view the memory on the card.

3.  Select your ringtone and transfer it from the card to the phone.

4.  Find the location of the ringtone file on the phone.  At this point, your ringtone should be a type of song file on the phone.

5.  Select your ringtone file and select to save it as a ringtone on the phone.

Depending on the format and the size of the file, the song file should be saved as a ringtone.  My instructions are pretty generic because I do not know anything about your Dad's phone but I think you get the idea of my "backdoor" approach.  Do let me know if it works for you.  🙂

0 Likes