Message keeps appearing stating location is not registered, click "Register" to manually set it. Anyone know what this is?
SunnyLasVegas777
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is this message? When I click "Register", nothing happens....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message keeps appearing stating location is not registered, click "Register" to manually set it. Anyone know what this is?
SunnyLasVegas777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the phone for 6 days. I rarely go outside of the apartment as I am disabled, therefore, I can only confirm that this is happening when I am at my home location. I cannot recall whether the message appears after receiving a call or making a call. I only know that it does not appear after every call, it just randomly appears. I have the GPS setting set for "911" location only. Could this message be prompting me to set the GPS locating setting to the "ON ALL THE TIME" option?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Message keeps appearing stating location is not registered, click "Register" to manually set it. Anyone know what this is?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SunnyLasVegas777,

Hmm, that is certainly odd and I know that would certainly intrigue me just the same. Does this message happen at a specific time or when using a specific application or service? What model of phone are we working with?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SunnyLasVegas777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the Samsung Gusto 3... This message appears randomly after I end a call... I click the option "Register" as shown in the message but nothing happens so I press "END" and clear the message... The message does not appear after every call, I think it appears after a call in a different area code...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the additional details. Just for clarification have you noticed that it appears when you yourself are in a different location or when you receive a call from someone with a different area code of your own? How long has this been happening?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SunnyLasVegas777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the phone for 6 days. I rarely go outside of the apartment as I am disabled, therefore, I can only confirm that this is happening when I am at my home location. I cannot recall whether the message appears after receiving a call or making a call. I only know that it does not appear after every call, it just randomly appears. I have the GPS setting set for "911" location only. Could this message be prompting me to set the GPS locating setting to the "ON ALL THE TIME" option?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SunnyLasVegas777,

Awesome question! That shouldn't be needed to stop this sort of message though we can definitely try it. We want it to work great either way though. Can you give an estimate of how many times you have seen this message? Have we tried powering the phone off and back on since it started?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
SunnyLasVegas777
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, I just powered off the phone and powered it back on... Maybe that will solve the issue... I am guessing that I have seen the message at least 6 times but not sure... If the message appears again, I will post a notice... Thanks for the advice... Otherwise, I love my new phone, it is perfect for my needs!!!

0 Likes