My Verizon
tec_guy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have recently discovered that when I log on to MyVerizon from my Samsung Reality that it charges me data. However, my question is, why does the envelope that I get my bill in say that my verizon is free to use and that "you will not be charged for any data"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Verizon
ARHuizenga
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a recent experience when using the "Get it Now" function.  Apparently under the Nationwide calling plans, if you don't have a data plan for your basic phone, they charge you $1.99/MB and round up for any sort of data charge.  When we had the America's Choice plan, they charged by airtime.  So now 5 minutes of just browing apps in the "Get it Now" store cost me $1.99, vs using 5 minutes of my plan.  Sounds like they're doing something similar to you for the "My Verizon" function.

IMO, I think this is ridiculous, and also a bit underhanded by Verizon.  I was never informed of this change, although I'm sure it was in the fine print somewhere when we renewed.  The most I got from customer service was "Use the webpage in the future to browse apps if you don't want to be charged."  For a company that prides itself on customer service, I was a bit dissappointed they didn't offer to take the data charge off.  Live and learn I guess.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you are being charged for the data used?  It may show in the usage, but not count towards the total allowance each month.

0 Likes
tec_guy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

Positive. I opened one bill and I had around a $3.00 charge for data when all I did was check the my Verizon on my phone. My dad has done the same thing with his phone and it did not charge him. The only difference is that my phone also uses 3G, but if Verizon says it is free then that should not be the problem.

0 Likes
ARHuizenga
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a recent experience when using the "Get it Now" function.  Apparently under the Nationwide calling plans, if you don't have a data plan for your basic phone, they charge you $1.99/MB and round up for any sort of data charge.  When we had the America's Choice plan, they charged by airtime.  So now 5 minutes of just browing apps in the "Get it Now" store cost me $1.99, vs using 5 minutes of my plan.  Sounds like they're doing something similar to you for the "My Verizon" function.

IMO, I think this is ridiculous, and also a bit underhanded by Verizon.  I was never informed of this change, although I'm sure it was in the fine print somewhere when we renewed.  The most I got from customer service was "Use the webpage in the future to browse apps if you don't want to be charged."  For a company that prides itself on customer service, I was a bit dissappointed they didn't offer to take the data charge off.  Live and learn I guess.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ARHuizenga wrote:

I had a recent experience when using the "Get it Now" function.  Apparently under the Nationwide calling plans, if you don't have a data plan for your basic phone, they charge you $1.99/MB and round up for any sort of data charge.  When we had the America's Choice plan, they charged by airtime. 

It's been that way for several years now -

0 Likes
tec_guy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually on my old Alltel phone it never charged me "data" it just rolled on to my mins. The same with my dads phone, he uses the digital 1X service and not the 3G as well and when he goes on to the get it now shop, it just rolls on to his mins.

0 Likes
tec_guy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

He has had 2 Verizon phones, both using the digital 1X service

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like your dad is still on a Connect plan and not one of the current plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tec_guy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are all on the same plan.

0 Likes
tec_guy127
Enthusiast - Level 1

The plan is nation wide 900 mins. with unlimited night/weekend, mobile to mobile and friends and family. The only difference in the way I am listed on the plan is that I have a texting package and he does not. It is unlimited mobile to mobile and 500 out of network messages.

0 Likes