Nightmare 411 text loop
tödd

On Monday, June 25 I dialed 411 from my Verizon Samsung Intensity II phone in St. Augustine for a Pizza Hut, opted for the number to be sent to me and have been spammed with 411 texts ever since.  At first I thought I was getting repeat messages, but was confused because the message count from 411-000-002 did not go up.  I replied "Stop", "Cancel" and "End", did get a confirm not on the "End" that I would no longer get 441 texts.  That did not stop the texts!   What's more, I keep getting asked to add Pizza Hut to my contacts, sometimes as I'm trying to do something else on the phone - I've deleted some 30 Pizza Hut contacts from my list!

I have rebooted the phone, yanked the battery while it was on - I'd have powered up without a SIM if the POS basic phone I have HAD a SIM!!!  The lady at 611 updated and rebooted me today to no avail!

Last night at 1:53am I got a slew of text messages some had been sent to me 8 hours prior to delivery to my phone, which was on and functioning.

I discovered today that when I paid my bill the automated text usually appears immediately, and lo!  My phone chimed a new text had arrived!  FROM 411-000-002. So I sent myself a text from Verizon.com and soon after got a chime with the same 411 message.  I have gotten a ton of text messages today, some may have been important, but I don't know if they will ever show up.  Because this stupid 'service' is somehow jamming ALL my text messages! 

I have called 611 who told me to call 411 because they don't handle 411.  Called 411 and they told me they have no idea where the text messages originate and can do nothing. Boy am I p¡ssed right now.  I've searched the web and this forum and the only solution is to get my phone reset and lose all my stored text messages?  GAH!  Is there no Verizon tech nerd who can fix this???

/rant

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Nightmare 411 text loop
tödd

I was able to fix the problem by updating my phone software.  Anyone else with this issue go to menu, settings, phone settings, phone info, software update.

0 Likes
Re: Nightmare 411 text loop
ucancallmemom

I don't have the option of software update.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Likes