Non smart phone
Bobgoat14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung s8 and wanting to find a "dumb" phone that I can put my SIM card in and use it. Preferably not a flip phone or $300. Anyone know of a phone? 

Re: Non smart phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Bobgoat14 wrote:

I have a Samsung s8 and wanting to find a "dumb" phone that I can put my SIM card in and use it. Preferably not a flip phone or $300. Anyone know of a phone? 

These are your options. https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

Because CDMA will be retired at the end of the year, and Verizon is not permitting anything that won’t work with HD voice to be activated, your limited to what Verizon sells for basic phones.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bobgoat14, picking the right phone is really necessary in order to have a smooth device experience, so I am eager to help select your second device. To ensure that I fully understand what you mean, what do you mean by "dumb" phone? What is the purpose of this new phone? Does your current Samsung Galaxy S8 have any issues? If so, what is occurring?

Are you looking for devices under the $300 range? If so, what is the most ideal price point? Since you mentioned that you do not want a flip phone, you can check out all our smartphone selections here: http://spr.ly/6604Ep2Ho You can filter everything by price point using the "Pricing: Retail Price" tab that is located on the upper right-hand corner.

AkaneM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Avrom
Enthusiast - Level 1

A dumb phone is a phone that doesn’t have any cool features. Has two functions make phone calls and text people. Data is not an issue since not using any data for them. They are priced very low and the phone being on can last around a week instead of the power sucking time that a smart phone uses. There is a dumb phone community that is appalled by the expensive price of the razor and want a phone that would look fine in a late 80s 90s movie. A very very very basic phone with crazy long battery life. Hope that it explains it Verizon representative. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes