Orbic Journey V Flip, what button automatically calls 911
wwerner

My 80 yr old mother just got an Orbic Journey V flip phone.  She accidentally keeps dialing 911 but not by pressing the # buttons but somehow there seems to be a button on the keypad that automatically dials it when pressed too long.  Does anybody know what button this is and if I am able to disable it so this does not continue to happen?  I only want her to dial 911 if she actually dials 911 intentionally.

0 Likes
Re: Orbic Journey V Flip, what button automatically calls 911
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, wwerner. We are very sorry to hear about the issue your mother is experiencing with accidentally dialing 911. We will be more than happy to assist in every way that we can to ensure that this does not happen going forward. We see that the default speed dial for emergency services like 911 is the number 9 on the keypad. When this button is pressed and held down, it will dial out to 911. We recommend that she avoids doing this or remove the speed dial from this device. Below is a link you can click on which will show you how you can add or remove a speed dial from an Orbic Journey V device. How does this sound?http://spr.ly/66071nWvL  BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
DBF3333

Hello,

I also have an Orbic Journey V and I followed the instructions in the link to remove a speed dial but my phone will not let me alter the 9 speed dial. the only option for that number which actually displays 112 in the list instead of 9 is "Set". All other numbers listed give the options to "Remove" or "Replace" if they contain a number. Seems its locked down like speed dial 1 which is only for VM.  Also is there a  way to dial a speed dial number directly from the keypad if it is 2 digits like 11 or 12...? 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that all your questions are answered.  To clarify, did you follow the instructions in the User Guide in the link below?

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Catalog%20Assets/Devices/orbic/orbic-journey/orbic-jo... (Pages 22-23, 45)

You should be able to use 1 or 2 digits to set up your Speed Dialing on that device.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
DBF3333

Yes, those are the directions I was following.

Today, the phone speed dials look different? The 112 that was in the 9 spot is gone and I was able to assign 9 to one of our numbers. Also the speed dials stop at 9, they no longer display any 2 digit number option to assign to, just 1-9 are the options, which is fine. So I don't know why it changed but everything seems to be working correctly now.  Strange.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad everything is working. You mentioned the speed dial looks different, what recent changes have occurred? Where you looking to assign more numbers beyond 1-9?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Orbic Journey V Flip, what button automatically puts the mute pn
dorbus

I have had many instances of when answering my phone that mute comes on IAnd I cannot talk to the calling person. How can I avoid this and not having it happen?

0 Likes
dorbus

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dorbus

Although I do not see the option to quickly mute the phone, here is a link that will take you to the user manual so that you are aware of what this device can and can not do 

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1666327/Orbic-Verizon-Journey.html

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
fillmoresj007

My mother has the same problem--and the directions Verizon is giving to "remove" calling #9 for Emergency--does not work.  So we need another solution from Verizon of they should allow us to exchange phones.

0 Likes