Pantech Hotshot Backup Assistant error
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently restored my Hotshot. But when i went to back up assistant to get back the contacts that i had backup up before, i encountered a major issue with backup assistant. When i open it, Backup assistant tells me the mobile # for the phone has been changed (as far as i know it should only be my number thats on here...). then it tries connecting, asks me for my pin, and then tells me account already exists and to contact customer support.. (all photos below are of the screen during this) anyone know how to fix it?

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pantech Hotshot Backup Assistant error
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i called them again, we restored the phone like 3 times then the tech support person put in the order for a replacement to be sent to me

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Did you "Press Here" or hit OK? It says to hit OK(not press here) if you are an existing user.

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i tried both. i did press here and it said i need to contact customer support. i hit ok, it ask for my pin, i put in my pin and again it says the account already exists. now it just hangs when it says connecting to backup server

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

I'd call Verizon from another phone.

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

i did and all verizon told me to do was at the about screen in backup assistant to put in a series of numbers (which i can do cuz no keyboard pops up and the hotshot doesnt have an external keyboard)

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

that was the extent of the trouble shooting they did? I'd call again and speak with tech support. option 3 i believe

0 Likes
nuger93
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes i called them again, we restored the phone like 3 times then the tech support person put in the order for a replacement to be sent to me

0 Likes