Pantech Hotshot screen blank can't enter password for voicemail
MikeyV2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my Pantech Hotshot, when I access my voicemail,and am told to enter my password, the screen goes blank, so I have no keypad.

I know this worked before, so is there some stupid setting that tells the phone to do this? Why?  If so, how do I change it back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Pantech Hotshot screen blank can't enter password for voicemail
MikeyV2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took it to the Verizon store. They said the sensor was bad. I just got a new phone instead.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having access to your voice mail is important Mikeyv2016. How long has this been going on? Does this only happen when you call your voice mail?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MikeyV2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been happening for about a week. Tonight I made a couple calls that went to their voicemail and the same thing happened, the screen went blank.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of the details, MikeyV2016. It is important to us that we get the voicemail working properly and I am happy to assist.

The next best step will be to update the software on the phone. Please dial *228 and follow the prompts provided. Have you made any changes to the phone recently? Does the screen go blank at all at any other times? We will be ready and available to continue helping once you have the chance to reply.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MikeyV2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screen went blank after doing *228, so couldn't follow prompts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you can enjoy the use of your voicemail. When dialing *228, do you hear any prompts? Does anything happen when you tap the screen?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MikeyV2016
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took it to the Verizon store. They said the sensor was bad. I just got a new phone instead.

0 Likes