Re-Activation
beedy2345

I currently use an iPhone 6, or was, and then I activated my old slide phone because I wanted something more rugged for a couple of days. Now I can't figure out how to re-activate my iPhone 6. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Re-Activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here! It should be pretty simple to re-activate your phone. When you sign in through My Verizon there is a section that will allow you do so. Was it active on this line for a little while? If yes, you should be able to pick the device when trying to re-activate the phone. Please let us know if you have any additional questions/concerns. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DWend
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, my understanding was one of the advantage of The Edge program was NOT having an early termination fee. But come to my surprise, I was told by an customer representative that, in order to terminate my contract, I've to pay the full price of the phone (which I'm okay with) and additional $350 for 'an early termination fee'. I find this very assured and very misleading from what I was told in the store to sing up in the first place. I see the same thing I'm facing is mentioned here in previous discussions and I'm trying to find a definate answer. It's sad my time with Verizon is coming to an end AFTER 15 years of being a loyal customer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DWend,

Allow me to clarify this matter here. With the Edge program you do not have a "service agreement" meaning, you do not have to keep the selected phone for 2 years. Should you decide to cancel service before the 2 years is up, you will have to pay for the remaining cost of your device that you have put on the Edge plan. However, you will NOT have to pay an Early Termination Fee ($350) for that line. We would hate to see you leave after 15 years. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
DWend
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there anyway you can look at my account? Because it seems like I'm getting better answer here than calling  custimer service.

0 Likes
DWend
Enthusiast - Level 2

First thank you re quick reply,

In regards to the early activation fee, I was told that I'll be subjected to that fee. This is very concerning for me and tons of posts I've seen in the discussion part of the segment. Btw, are you able to see my account? I've a quick question that I wasn't able to get an answer earlier?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no such thing as an "early activation fee". What are you really referring to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DWend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sorry, I'm meant to say "early cancelation fee". I was told by a verizon customer service (via phone last night), beside buying out the device I bought in edge program (pay the remaining $650), I'm also obligated to pay $350 for terminating my "2 years commitment with verizon". My understanding was the edge program didn't have a contact that can ultimately force you to stay with Verizon for a certain period of time. And I need to find out if that's is indeed true.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DWend,

Apologies if you have gotten conflicting information. While on Edge, you do not have a service agreement and will not be subject to Early Termination Fees. The only thing that you are responsible for is the remaining Edge payments, should you choose to cancel your services before the Edge payments have been exhausted. Thanks for allowing us to clarify.

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
beedy2345

It was active on my line, for about 4 months. Will I be able to activate it through My Verizon if I am not an account manager? Because I am not able to find this option.

0 Likes