Receiving blank or incomplete texts Samsung Gusto
ELIZaObe

My father has a Samsung Gusto. For the past few months, he occasionally receives texts from me (iPhone) that are blank. Other times, he will receive only part of my texts. Still other times he receives the complete texts.  Tonight we tested texts from my husband's phone (also iPhone) and got the same results. Here's what we've tried: restarted his phone, took out battery and replaced, reset his phone with *228  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Receiving blank or incomplete texts Samsung Gusto
boringusername
Master - Level 1

iPhones do this even with Android phones sometimes. Especially when you're sending emojis. Maybe phone upgrade is in order. make sure if getting another basic phone it's one of the LTE models.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important for text messages to be delivered to your father's phone correctly, ELIZaObe. You mentioned that you tested a few messages from your phone and your husband's phone. What exactly did you send to your father? Did your messages contain only text? Are you sending messages from the stock Messages app on the iPhone? Are the messages that are coming through incorrectly only an issue with messages that are being sent from you and your husband?

I appreciate the steps that you have taken thus far to troubleshoot the issue. Please have your father check to see if the software is updated on his phone: http://vz.to/2BQYbQW . Does his phone need an update at this time?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NAmabile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Texts with apostrophes and emojis can break a text string.  Do a test by sending a message with an apostrophe in it.  And then send the same text without.  I don't know if other characters do this.  It seems to be linked with Apple's most recent os11 update.  Check the discussion here: https://appletoolbox.com/forums/topic/cant-receive-texts-iphone-flip-phone-ios-11-update/

0 Likes