Robo calls
Greg61856
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is Verzion doing to stop robo calling? I get about 100 calls a month from "Card Services" I block the numbers as fast as they call!  Verzion has to know when thousands of calls to a certain area code and prefix come in all at once that these are robo calls! Verzion has the technology to stop this. Why are they not doing anything about it?? I'm sick of these calls. Verzion told me a way to stop them would be to change my number. I'm not changing anything except maybe changing to another carrier

Labels (1)
Re: Robo calls
nyrox
Enthusiast - Level 2

u should just register your number on the national do not call list

0 Likes
Greg61856
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on the do not call list. These are calls made by an auto dialer. These robos dial thousands of numbers at a time. When a large number of calls come in at the same time Verzion should recognize these as robos and stop them. These dialers call consecutive numbers in a certain area code and prefix.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Greg61856,

I can understand your concern regarding the random calls that you are recieving.  We do not want you to change carriers due to the calls that you are receving.  I have a couple of solutions that may work best for you.  We do have a feature called the call and messaging block that allows you to block up to 5 numbers and the great news there is no charge for the feature.  Also the numbers can be added to the to the do not call registry list.  You can register here at www.donotcall.gov  we also can change your telephone number at no cost to you.

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
RLHLMH
Enthusiast - Level 1

His question was, what is Verizon doing to stop robo calling.

Greg61856
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Do Not Call list is a joke!!  These callers use a different number every time they call. Verzion could offer unlimited  number blocking it will not stop these callers. Has Verzion thought about "Area Code" blocking for in bound calls?

I ask again what is Verzion doing about these call??  When you have thousands of calls in sequence to a certain area code and prefix from the same area code your system should recognize these as Robo calls. I, like a lot of people use my Verzion Wireless phone as my primary phone, Changing my number would be a major inconvience. I first thought these calls were comming from people I had contact with, but this is a nationwide problem. Verzion needs to find a solution and fast. Verzion should ask other carriers,wired and wireless what they are doing if anything about this problem. I'm not an engineer but this should be easy for Verzion to fix!!

I will ask once more," What is Verzion doing about Robo calls???"

0 Likes
Greg61856
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still getting these calls, WHAT IS VERZION DOING ABOUT THESE ROBO CALLS???

"DO YOU HEAR ME NOW!!"

Silence is deafening!!!!!

Does Barak Obam get these calls on his Verzion phone????

0 Likes
kbark
Contributor - Level 2

I know it's frustrating but how is verizon going to know when a bunch of places have these robocalls set in place, where they come from, what area's they impact considering this probably happens to millions of people every day.  Even if they offered an option to block an unlimited amount of #s...wouldn't that be a pain having to update those numbers all the time?  I would assume ignoring the call or just hanging up would be easier.  Yes having your # on the do not call list seems to not help but I would think this would be something to bring up to the law makers to get these companies to stop sending out robocalls.  Just my opinion tho.

0 Likes
spamuback
Enthusiast - Level 3

How would Verizon know what calls you want to receive? The do not call list is for your number - not to register theirs. Add you number to the nat'l do not call registry - takes about 30 days (they say) to take effect and companies that comply will remove your number. For those that don't - answer the call - record the call for evidence while informing them you "like to make a record of each call" - create a log book of harassment calls and collect company information and inform them your number is on the do not call registry (after you get the company info and before they hang up on you). When they ignore it - file a complaint with the fcc and sue for damages up to $3000 each violation. 3k pays a lot of phone bills.

0 Likes
unsignedme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am permanently on the do not call list. I block the 5 numbers but i have to change this about every wk just to keep up. Then new numbers call and i get about 2-5 robo calls a day. I have called verizon and the only thing they can offer me is to change my number. When that happens, it is invalid for 30 days. After the 30 days its able to be connected to another device. I am not changing my number. Ive had this same number for 9 years and this has only been an issue the last 2 years. Also, no one has my number other than friends and family. I do not list my number at my bank or other important places. On a brighter note... I checked with a few different carriers today... AT&T offers unlimited blocked calls.

0 Likes