Samsung Brightside May Seem Like An Answer To The "One Step Below Smartphone" BUT ITS NOT
ZachariahMann
Enthusiast - Level 1

QUESTION: HOW CAN YOU RESET YOUR SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE TO FACTORY SETTINGS OR AT LEAST REPAIR THE COLOR OF THE SCREEN???

To be blunt, I have been the owner of this horrible phone for about a year now and it has been hell from the beginning. At the time, CNET rated the phone as one of the worst possible choices for a phone based on the bad camera, horrible lagging, and a horrible touch screen. FOR SOME REASON I did not listen to them because I was so sick of such a small selection of basic phones offered by Verizon. AND YET, all of the problems that CNET had with the phone are completely different problems compared to my issues. I am proud to say that I treat my technology with a lot of care, so along with so many others out there who also hate the Brightside, I know that this is just a poorly made piece of technology. When I first bought the phone, I replaced it the very next day because the phone repeatedly would shut off randomly or the screen would freeze. ALSO, The phone only recognized certain chargers even though they are all the same type, just different brands. When charging, it must sit face down in order to make sure it charges and for the charger not to fall out. Currently, my phone went from bad to worse. The screen has become an odd shade of blue that is not fixable by anyone at Best Buy or Verizon. AND its only blue when I can get it to turn on because the buttons on the front of the phone have stopped working.

ALL IN ALL, THIS IS A WARNING NOT TO BUY THE SAMSUNG BRIGHTSIDE!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Brightside May Seem Like An Answer To The "One Step Below Smartphone" BUT ITS NOT
Not applicable
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside May Seem Like An Answer To The "One Step Below Smartphone" BUT ITS NOT
Not applicable

If you are still withing your 12 month warranty period, Verizon will replace the phone for free.  Verizon does not repair phones.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

The only thing you can do is try getting it replaced under warranty.

I'm surprised that you don't consider Brightside to be one step below smartphones. I think it is very close to smartphones - they are all equally junk - they contain Verizon's proprietary bloated and untested software which is enough to render a Cray supercomputer useless.

Not applicable

My Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is a great phone.  I have had it for 17 months with zero problems.  I use it for calls, text, internet, and hotspot feature and have never had a single problem except the headset jack stopped working.  I solved that with bluetooth.

0 Likes
ZachariahMann
Enthusiast - Level 1

12 Month Warranty ended in July. Why would they not be able to factory reset a phone? Its not different than a computer chip.

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes