Samsung Brightside - No Audio / Others can barely hear me.
DoctorLost

I have a Samsung Brightside, and have started having some problems with it over the past several weeks.  First, I've lost the ability to hear the caller at the other end through the small headset speaker (I've been sliding the phone open to use speakerphone, which works just fine).  Now, over the last couple days, people on the other end of the call are complaining that they can barely hear me.  I've tried all the obvious (power down / up, reset, etc), but not sure where to go from here.  This thing is now pretty much text only at this point.  I'm still nearly a year away from my next upgrade, so any and all suggestions regarding this issue are welcome.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside - No Audio / Others can barely hear me.
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried reprogramming the phone by dialing *228, option 1?

Have you tried calling *611, choosing option 5 ("having trouble using the phone") and speaking to a live person?

Reading this forum I see a lot of people reporting issues with that phone.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Brightside - No Audio / Others can barely hear me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get your Brightside working properly, DoctorLost. From what you've described, it seems to be more of a hardware than network difficulty since the sound comes through for you on speakerphone. Have you had the opportunity to try a bluetooth or corded headset to see if the sound on either end is clearer? Has the phone been exposed to any moisture or been physically damaged? When did you purchase the phone?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes