Samsung Brightside calendar notification not going away
summersrn28

Why doesn't the calendar notification disappear when there are no scheduled events on my Samsung Brightside?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Brightside calendar notification not going away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi summersrn28!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, we'll get this figured out! Try this:Tools>Calendar>Touch Menu>Erase All.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this summersrn28! Did this just begin? When you clear the notifications does the calendar icon go away? When you power the phone off/on do you still experience the same thing? Please share.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
summersrn28

It's been like this for at least two months. I've turned the phone on and off multiple times and the calendar symbol is still on there.

I am not sure what you mean when you say to clear the notifications, but there are no events scheduled at all for the next two weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello summersrn28, let's solve this mystery! Can you go to Tools, select Calendar. While in the Calendar, click the day of the event and click erase. Keep us posted if this removes the symbol in your notification bar.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
summersrn28

That's the problem. There are no events to erase.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, summersrn28. That is definitely very strange. Let's give this a try. I recommend setting up one or two events, and then either waiting for the schedule notification date or time to arrive, or canceling them right away. This can possibly make the random notification go away.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
summersrn28

Neither of those actions worked to make the notification go away. When I put in a new calendar event for today, my notifications said that I had two events today when I only had one. Then I deleted the one that I just entered and the notification said that there was still an event for today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi summersrn28!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, we'll get this figured out! Try this:Tools>Calendar>Touch Menu>Erase All.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
summersrn28

That did it! Thank you so much!

0 Likes