Samsung Gusto 2 - No outgoing sound
tooxtreme26

Hello!

Yesterday I bought a Samsung Gusto 2 prepaid phone from Walmart for my father to use. It worked quite well at first, as I had to talk to a customer service rep for an extended period of time during the activation process. We had no problems hearing each other whatsoever. I activated the phone and then handed it off for my father to use. As far as I know it sat on the charger all night and was not used.

Today however, my father informed me that nobody can hear him when he talks. He can hear them fine, but nobody can hear him. The Mute button has NOT been pushed on accident, as the issue persists before and after pushing it. If he pushes on his keypad while talking to me I can hear the tones, so we're getting sound of some kind.

The interesting part is that when he talks into his phone, he hears his own voice coming out of the speaker, but the person he's talking to hears nothing.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong or possible solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 - No outgoing sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tooxtreme26, congratulations on the purchase of your new Samsung Gusto device! Is there any physical or liquid damage on your device? Trauma like this can cause issues with the sounds on that phone. Try powering it off/on to soft reset it.

You have a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee which allows you to return or exchange that device for any reason. If this audio issue persists, then I recommend that you bring it back to the store. You will need to have the original packaging, purchase receipt, and accessories that came with it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto 2 - No outgoing sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tooxtreme26, congratulations on the purchase of your new Samsung Gusto device! Is there any physical or liquid damage on your device? Trauma like this can cause issues with the sounds on that phone. Try powering it off/on to soft reset it.

You have a 14 day Worry Free Guarantee which allows you to return or exchange that device for any reason. If this audio issue persists, then I recommend that you bring it back to the store. You will need to have the original packaging, purchase receipt, and accessories that came with it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes