I have a Gusto 2 and can't get T9 texting to work properly. I can turn on T9, but when I type a word (example: call), I can't change it. None of the phone buttons work to change the word - I've tried every button on the phone, or so it seems. So if I want to change call to ball or balk or whatever, I can't do it. Does anyone know if this should work on this model, and if so, how? Thanks.
Hey there Dan99999,
I can certainly understand how frustrating this can be for you. I know when I would text on one of my other phones, I would always type "good" instead of "home." I'd be going "good" instead of "home" many times! Needless to say, I can let you know how to toggle the word.
• Press the key for each letter only once.
• Enter the entire word before editing or deleting characters. Press clear (CLR) to backspace and clear one character, or press and hold to clear an entire word.
• If T9 Word inserts the wrong word, press the zero (0) key to toggle between other matching words.
• Press star (*) to toggle between T9 Word (initial case), T9 word(lower case) and T9 WORD (upper case).
• To enter a space, press pound (#).
• Press one (1) once to enter a period, twice to enter :), or three times to enter :-). These are smilies.
• Press and hold any key to enter the number on the key.
Just in case, this website can help you as well http://bit.ly/XQh0Xj. If you come to a word that is not in the dictionary (you are pressing 0 and it's not finding a matching word), then just simply turn off T9, type the word, and turn T9 back on.
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport