So, a few months back, my son left the phone in his pocket and it went through the wash. He was saving up the money to replace it with the insurance. Today, on a whim, I took the battery out, put it back in, plugged the phone in and it started up no problem. But shortly later, it kept saying, "Stop charging, batter is too hot" and wouldn't charge. It would also keep turning on and off. Is this potentially just a problem with the battery? A new battery is an easy fix but if that's not the case, I'd rather not waste the money buying a new battery and just get him a new phone.
Do you know anyone else with this phone so you could try the battery? Or you could buy one really cheap on eBay. The problem is, once a phone gets wet it usually never works the same again. I suspect you'll experience one problem after another.
Yikes! A water damaged device is never fun. The suggestion provided is great. Have you tried another battery? If not, we can check to see if any are available in stock. I just sent you a follow request, follow me back. Send me a private message with your name and mobile number. If the battery replacement does not work, your best option is an insurance replacement. You may file a claim at phoneclaim.com .
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport