Samsung Intensity III- How Do I Turn Off Pop Up Screens Notifying Me When I Enter/Leave Service Area?
dandelp

Hi All,

I just recently bought a Samsung Intensity III (3) and everything is great so far except for the pesky Entering Service Area/Leaving Service Area screens that pop up.  I work in a basement and have very limited cell coverage, but depending on where the phone is on my desk, reception switches back and forth frequently.  This leads to these notification screens popping up very often, especially when I am trying to send text message (just about the only thing I can use the phone for with the reception I get down here) and making it difficult to quickly type out that message.

I have read other threads that tell a person to turn off the "ERI Banner" which is NOT the solution I am looking for.

I am wondering how do I turn off the automatic pop up notification screens that say "Entering Service Area" or "Leaving Service Area".

These screen are a great deal of hassle to me in my situation I am currently in.  I prefer to look at the reception signal in the top left corner than have these screens that just pop up and disable everything I am doing or a few seconds only to pop up again seconds later. 

PLEASE HELP ME!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Intensity III- How Do I Turn Off Pop Up Screens Notifying Me When I Enter/Leave Service Area?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there dandelp,

I know a continuous message can get pretty annoying.  Let's get those turned off for you.

Please try the steps I have provided below:

menu > settings & tools > display settings > banner > ERI banner, then use directional key to highlight 'off', then press Center Select Key SET to save settings.

I know you stated that this is not the solution that you are looking for. Have you already tried this? What happened when you switched it to off?

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity III- How Do I Turn Off Pop Up Screens Notifying Me When I Enter/Leave Service Area?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there dandelp,

I know a continuous message can get pretty annoying.  Let's get those turned off for you.

Please try the steps I have provided below:

menu > settings & tools > display settings > banner > ERI banner, then use directional key to highlight 'off', then press Center Select Key SET to save settings.

I know you stated that this is not the solution that you are looking for. Have you already tried this? What happened when you switched it to off?

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dandelp

Nicholas B-

I have done this and I have kept the ERI Banner at the "Off" setting.

These screens still continue to pop up when I am entering/leaving coverage

areas (as I often do in the basement I work in). This is irritating.

Dan

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dan, It IS the ERI Banner, but you need to change the alert notification in the SOUNDS settings too - Menu >> Settings >> Sound settings >>  Service Alerts >> ERI Banner >> turn OFF and SAVE SETTINGS.

0 Likes
dandelp

Thanks for trying to help SuzyQ, but that alert has been turned off the

entire time as well and has not stopped the problem. I tried even turning

it on and then turning it off again and nothing has changed.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change all the settings to OFF, as outlined above.  Then, with the phone on, pull the battery to force the phone to shut down.  Then reinsert the battery and restart the phone.  Check the settings to be sure they are still off, and see if the force restart has made a difference.

0 Likes
dandelp

This has not solved the issue either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dandelp, thanks for trying the steps provided. What software version are you running?

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
dandelp

I think it is Brew Mobile Platform 1.0.4? I don't know particularly how to

check for that, but I am assuming that is what it is. I found that under

Settings&Tools >> Phone Info >> SW/HW Version. Is that correct, or should

I look for something different?

Dan

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're on the right track dandelp! Here's a link with the complete instructions. Current software should be: u485.FH02
http://tiny.cc/7sqi5w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes