Samsung Intensity weirding out
zachslp

I got a new phone, and gave my Intensity to my daughter.  Over the last few months, every week or so, the Samsung shows a text message that I had deleted already.  At any given time, this message appears.  It says it was "sent" (is in my "sent" category), but I recognize the message from many months ago, and while I keep deleting it  over and over, it keeps "popping" up.  Frustrating.  I wouldn't care if it were MY phone, but I don't want this message to keep popping up on my daughter's phone.  It's like some "glitch", and there is no rhyme or reason to it, it just "appears" randomly.  The same message.  Any suggestions?    

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Intensity weirding out
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you gave the phone to your daughter, did you "wipe it" (do a factory reset that erases your contacts, messages, pictures, etc?)  If not, that may be what is needed to get rid of the "phantom message".

You can also try deleting the message, then pulling the battery out while the phone is on.  After a minute or two, reinsert the battery and restart the phone.  This may clear the message as well, but a factory reset would be more likely to work.

0 Likes