Saving voicemails as MP3, or any other playable format?
circa1989

I was just going through old voicemails on my mother, and grandmother's, ancient flip phones.  I listened to a lot of old voicemails from my father, who passed away almost 2 years ago, and I would desperately love to save them on my computer as a playable file (MP3, or whatever).  I was able to do this on my iPhone, with the few messages he left me at that number.  But I am trying to save the messages he left over 2 yrs ago from an LG VX5400, and a LG Revere™, I really have no idea where to begin.  They still exist, they're being saved for 21 days or something.  I don't even know if these phones have internet access, but it would mean the world to me to have these voicemails saved.  Not sure what to do.  Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Saving voicemails as MP3, or any other playable format?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if the suggestions in this thread help:

B33
Legend

Have a Look at the Info that i posted below:

From what i read it sounds like the Service can Make permanent Copies from Any phone Hopefully it True because having something that is close to ya and that you can keep for many years to come nothing can Match that.. Smiley Happy b33 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/faq_voice_mail.html

Voice Mail Archival

1. Can I retrieve deleted Voice Mail messages?No, once a Voice Mail has been erased, the message is permanently deleted from the Voice Mail network.Back to top
  2. Can I have a permanent copy made of a Voice Mail message?Yes, permanent copies of your Voice Mail messages can be made in many ways but you can have CBW Productions, Inc. make a copy for you at a minimal fee. Go to CBW Productions and select the format you wish to use for your message archive. This is not a Verizon Wireless service and before any Voice Mail messages can be copied, you must register with CBW. If you do not have Internet access, you can contact CBW directly and place a phone order Monday through Thursday between 9am - 5pm EST and Friday 10am - 4pm at (800) 770-8046 or (877) 244-3222.Note: In order to have a copy of your message(s) made, you will be asked to provide CBW Productions, Inc. with your mobile phone number and Voice Mail password(Note: Following this link will open a new window with the glossary page, anchore... so they can access your mailbox. The message(s) you wish to have copied MUST still be present in your voice mailbox. If a message has already been deleted, it cannot be retrieved or copied. Your Voice Mail messages cannot be enhanced; therefore, any copies will be exactly what you hear in your mailbox; if the message that was left for you is garbled, the copy of the message will be as well. This archival service is not available for SMS(Note: Following this link will open a new window with the glossary page, anchored to the definit... (text) messages. CBW also provides Notary services for Voice Mail messages that are being archived.Back to top
  3. How much does it cost to have a message copied?Messages saved as MP3(Note: Following this link will open a new window with the glossary page, anchored to the definit... files and delivered via email*

Cost = $10.00 for the first message, and $5.00 for each additional message.

*Due to firewall restrictions, etc., there is a limit of 10 messages per mobile phone number, and no more than 10 minutes recording time, per month for MP3 delivery. Orders will be processed within five business days from the time that the order is placed, excluding weekends and all holidays.
    Messages saved to CD or cassette

From the time you place your order, your CD or cassette will be recorded and shipped to you within five business days, excluding weekends and all holidays.
    Number of Messages Cost
    1-3 $18.00
    4-6 $28.00
    7-10 $38.00
    11-21 $53.00
    22$58.00
    Each additional message above 22 messages$5.00
    Additional Information:
    1. All prices listed above include CD or cassette tape and do not include shipping. USPS First Class mail with Delivery Confirmation, USPS Priority Mail, USPS Express Mail & FedEx is available upon request and requires additional shipping charges.
    2. There is no longer a limit on how many messages we can record for a customer.
    3. Maximum recording time per cassette is 50 minutes; for CD is 60 minutes.
    4. Message recordings in excess of 60 minutes will incur additional processing fees of $100 per hour (billed in 15-minute increments).
    5. Notary letters = $20 per order (one notarized letter will be sent and will cover all messages archived as part of that order).
    6. Rush service is available for an additional cost of $20.00 which will place your order to be the next in line to be recorded, rush delivery options are also available for an additional cost.

Visual Voice Mail

1. What is the difference between the voice mail products offered by Verizon Wireless?To compare Voice Mail services, please see the Voice Mail Comparisons page.Back to top
  2. How do I sign up for Visual Voice Mail?There are three ways to sign up:
    1. Add the feature through the Change Features page in My Verizon.
    2. Go to the Messaging menu of your phone, and select Visual Voicemail. Follow the prompts to subscribe.
    3. Call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or *611 from your mobile phone.
    Once you have added the feature, your voice mailbox will automatically be converted to the new feature set.Back to top
  3. What happens to my messages when I upgrade from Basic to Visual Voice Mail?Existing messages will be transferred.Back to top
  4. What happens when I change from Visual Voice Mail to Basic Voice Mail?When moving from Visual Voice Mail to Basic, you will lose any custom greetings; however, your standard greetings will remain.Back to top
  5. Can I archive a Visual Voice Mail message onto my phone?To archive a message to your phone:
    1. Open the Visual Voice Mail application.
    2. Select the message you want archive.
    3. Select Save Copy.
    The message will be archived to your phone’s memory (may vary by phone type).
0 Likes
dpoloner

So happy you asked! Smiley Happy

Check out Voicemails Forever !

Two Options:

1) Voicemail Express: Do it yourself for just 19.99

2) Voicemail Valet: Full service Voicemail recording and delivery.

Goodluck!

0 Likes
mnkywp
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can't do it with visual voicemail anymore. Verizon turned off that feature and now push you to some third party. Google Voice is a good option for future voicemails, but if you have voicemails saved on your phone from 2006 (like me), and you don't want to pay, then the best way to retrieve them and save them is via VOIP - basically, download Skype, a skype sound recorder (there's bunch of free ones on the net), call your voicemail, and record. Here's the steps I followed:

http://stuarte.co/2013/save-voicemails-mp3-verizon/

No noticeable sound loss or quality loss. I suspect this is what all those third parties are doing anyways. Sit down for 20 minutes and use Skype, it's easier than you think.