Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Service has become unusable
robinson007
Enthusiast

Last summer I purchased a property in the country. I went to Verizon and purchased a prepaid phone to test it there. I didn't want to commit to a service that wouldn't work. It was August. The phone worked pretty well. I would get an occasional dropped call but it wasn't often. So I signed up for service with a share everything plan with three phones. All the phones worked pretty good there. Every now and then we would get a dropped call. This year, starting in early March the service started getting spotty. As time went on it got worse. the voice would get garbled, the signal would get lost, I would get leaving service area and entering service area. This continued to get worse as time went on. I called Verizon and was informed I was in a marginal service area and it would not likely get better. I asked them when that happened because last year the phones worked fine. I explained that I used a prepaid phone to make sure before I signed up with a plan. I was told the signal has gotten worse because of the foilage on the trees. I asked them when they planted new trees because it worked fine last summer. It has now got to the point the phone rarely rings and I can rarely make a call. When I do get connected it is almost impossible to carry on a conversation. The funny thing is I get 4G on my MIFI internet connection. It is only the voice communications that are effected. I asked them if they were going to do anything about the service here. They said NO. They also informed me there is no type of signal booster that would help. I don't understand this. Why did the Phone work OK last summer but won't work this summer. I didn't change anything. I also don't understand why they don't offer some type of signal booster. I think I am going to try a different carrier and see if I get better service here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Service has become unusable
Not applicable

That sounds like a reasonable recourse.  I don't know what else you could do.  Verizon service, while the best in the country, is not guaranteed everywhere.

0 Likes
Re: Service has become unusable
B33
Legend

+1 H 547   But will say for the area were i'm located it's fairly good most of the Time b

0 Likes