Software Updates for Older Phones?
nicshow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using refurbished V9ms and I notice that the software is out of date (compared to another phone I have.) Will Verizon still update this software on a 4 or 5 year old phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Updates for Older Phones?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello nicshow,

May I ask are you having issues with your device? If so then please respond to this message with your issue so I can assist. I'm assuming that you the other phone that you are comparing the software version with is the same make and model device. If so then the good news is that our corporate Verizon Wireless store are able to update your device software for you. I would recommend contacting the store to ensure that the software is still available as it may not be available in all of our stores. This may be due to the size of the facility. Below is a link to our store locator.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp

FYI, if you are interested in upgrading to a new device then you can always call #UPG on your current cell phone to verify upgrade eligibility. Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Software Updates for Older Phones?
nicshow
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately my local store was unable to help as they no longer had the software available.

0 Likes