Software Upgrade Assistant
Aion_Heals
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's the point of running the VZW Software Upgrade Assistant if its updates are not the latest? Seems kind of pointless. If we can upgrade via the mobile network or when connected to WiFi, what's the point in using this software?

Also, this program does something that professional software should never do. That is, after it has downloaded the latest updates, it creates a pop-up in the bottom right-hand corner of the Windows desktop that asks if you want to install now or install later. It gives the user absolutely no indication which application it is. It's simply a white box. Verizon, you need to put your logo at the top of the pop-up or at least say the name of the application (i.e. VZW Software Upgrade Assistant). It is not safe for users to install things if they have no idea what it is they're installing. There are many threads on the Internet about this topic. I would suggest you fix this ASAP.

Edited as new discussion.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Upgrade Assistant
pandrews122
Enthusiast - Level 2

I couldn't agree more.

Well said.

0 Likes
kapnkirk

I agree. Plus on my PC the popup in the lower right corner saying "The software on your phone is up to date" keeps popping up literally every five minutes even when my phone isn't attached. I click "Close" and five minutes later it's back. And there appears to be no way to make it stop. It's so lame I'm just going to uninstall it.

0 Likes
hurons

Where is the answer to this? What do I have to uninstall to get rid of the ANNOYING POPUP that is present nearly all the time, whether the phone is connected or not? "The software on your phone is up to date." Click "OK" and the popup reappears shortly.

0 Likes