Spoof card phone calls-any way to block?
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

The past 4 days I've been receiving calls from a # that is using a spoof card #. It is basically just a 6 digit # that shows up on the caller id instead of the actual #. It has been the same spoof # 970-002 The first few times I ignored it because I had no idea what it was. Researched it and now I know what it is. The last 3 times it has called I answer and nobody has said anything. I am getting extremely aggravated. Is there anyway to block these kinds of calls? Preferably without making it so only my own contacts can reach me. Because I am expecting calls from jobs and other stuff where I may not have the # stored.

I really do not want to have to change my # because that costs $ and I just shouldn't have to do that because people are playing games. It is obviously the same person doing it if its the same spoof #.

Anybody know what I can do to stop getting these calls? First time I've ever gotten them as well.

I have a Samsung Intensity II for a phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Spoof card phone calls-any way to block?
mws_1984
Contributor - Level 1

Does anybody know?

0 Likes
Re: Spoof card phone calls-any way to block?
Bmayo27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.  You can block up to 5 phone #'s for free with Verizon.

Go to "My Verizon", then "My Plans and Services", "Manage Verizon Safeguards",  then scroll down to the free "Call and Message Blocking".......it's pretty far down on the page, so just keep scrolling.

It requires a 10-digit phone-number; and this is the one you should put to block them 970-002-7588 (it worked for me).

Good luck!!  That crap is annoying!