Strange Phone call
Leput

I received a phone call from  1800 922 0000 with a voice recording telling me I have earned $28.00 from Verizon wireless and to go to Verizonwireless28.com to redeem my money. Is this a scam? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Strange Phone call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leput, thanks for this heads up! We can confirm that we are not placing courtesy calls to our customers and offering credits to your account. This is a form of “Phishing” and “smishing” which is designed to compromise your account information by posing as a legitimate company. We recommend that you don't access that website link. Additionally please copy and paste the email content into a new email or forward the message to phishing@verizonwireless.com for our internal review. We appreciate your assistance with this. Click
http://vz.to/1lFmzbh for more information regarding Fraud.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep it is don't go to the site and don't give out any information.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

I agree it best to just hang up and move on from it.. I'll add sometimes you can Google the number and it may show others that have gotten calls from this number as well..

Not applicable

Everyone should be wary of any strange calls or texts or emails.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leput, thanks for this heads up! We can confirm that we are not placing courtesy calls to our customers and offering credits to your account. This is a form of “Phishing” and “smishing” which is designed to compromise your account information by posing as a legitimate company. We recommend that you don't access that website link. Additionally please copy and paste the email content into a new email or forward the message to phishing@verizonwireless.com for our internal review. We appreciate your assistance with this. Click
http://vz.to/1lFmzbh for more information regarding Fraud.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes