Transfer Upgrade from Unlimited line to basic line?
dlcj21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 4 phones on my account.  3 smartphones with unlimited and 1 basic phone.  The basic phone is the only phone under contract got an intensity 3 about a year ago, so I have 3 upgrades available.  The basic phone just took a swim so I need a new one, before looking at craigslist and ebay, I figured I'd ask the following question: 

If I transfer an upgrade from one of my unlimited lines to the basic line, will I lose my unlimited data on the line I'm transferring it from?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer Upgrade from Unlimited line to basic line?
Tidbits
Legend

There's a loophole that'll work. However if Verizon audits their system the reserve the right to change your plan as you agree to the new terms on that line. It's up to you to risk it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be less expensive and easier to purchase a new basic phone at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dlcj21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wasn't trying to exploit a loophole, was wondering because I need a new basic phone and don't want to pay full price since I already do that for my smartphones Smiley Happy.

I'll just buy it from a 3rd party.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I was pointing out it's a loophole that happens and what people have been doing lately.  Since they agree to the new terms on the transaction Verizon reserves the right to remove the data plan and replace it with a tiered data plan.

Buying devices outright isn't a loophole.  Verizon openly stated doing this won't remove the unlimited data plan.  Signing a new contract does. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
thaoxa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Stop trying to scare people. The loophole works! Go away Tidbits!

0 Likes
Not applicable

thaoxa wrote:

Stop trying to scare people. The loophole works! Go away Tidbits!

A) No it doesn't quit trying to trick people.

B) If it did, expect Verizon to close it like it did the others. People keep trying to scam the system and Verizon is going going to kill unlimited data. Which I hope they would have already.

thaoxa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice try. It works. Keep whining.

0 Likes
Not applicable

thaoxa wrote:

Nice try. It works. Keep whining.

no it doesn't and when people come back and complain they lost unlimited data taking your advice I bet you are nowhere to be found to take responsibility.

0 Likes