UConnect in 2012 Dodge keeps restarting my LG Cosmos
Rowdrunner2

I have had my car since mid-April and the phone and UConnect radio worked fine. Automatically paired, downloaded phone book, would send text's. Everything was good. Last Friday 8/31/12 I noticed that the phone screen was showing that it was starting up from being powered down. On way home from work found that every 30 seconds or so the phone restarts, but it is not a full restart with the verizon music being played. It powers down then immediately restarts then takes a few minutes to re-pair and then goes through the whole thing again. As I said there is no power down tone or restart tone. I reset the radio settings cleared all pairing. I cleared the bluetooth setting on the phone as well and redid the pairing. It still does it. I have not upgraded software on either device to my knowledge. Any and all ideas or suggestions are welcome. Can't understand why this just started. I checked the phone and it paired with the communicator on my motorcycle helmet no problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: UConnect in 2012 Dodge keeps restarting my LG Cosmos
cheme81

I'm having the EXACT same problem with my LG Cosmos and the UConnect in my 2012 Grand Cherokee. AND it started the same day as your problem. It worked fine until then. Now it disconnects phone calls 30-40 seconds into the call, powers down (partially) and then restarts. Same thing happens when I try to charge the phone in the car. I have tried all the fixes recommended by Jeep and Verizon (take the battery out, delete and re-pair the device, etc, etc., etc.)....hasn't helped. The only thing I noticed was that about the same time, I started receiving annoying pop-ups on my phone trying to get me to download City ID. I have not downloaded or upgraded anything on my phone either, so why am I all of the sudden having these problems and getting this pop-up? Sounds like someone (Jeep/Dodge?, Verizon?) automatically updated something that day that screwed everything up. Verizon and Jeep both said to get a new phone. But how do I know this won't happen again? Verizon says this problem won't be covered under the phone warranty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rowdrunner2,

The issue outlined in your post is very strange. I recommend a soft reset by removing the battery for 30 seconds, then replace, power on and test. If issue continues, a factory reset http://goo.gl/J8ITv may resolve.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Daveozz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a cosmos and a 2012 jeep liberty with uconnect too.  After several days of no problems, soddenly in the 15th the rebooting started.  The moment my bluetooth connects with u connect, the phone endlessly starts rebooting over and over again.  I will try pulling the battery out and report back on this tomorrow.  This is very odd and very annoying.

0 Likes
Daveozz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update .. I tried going back to factory settings on both my Jeep uconnect and my Cosmos phone. I checked the uconnect website.  It works with Cosmos but with software v02 but my phone has v04.  Is there a way for me to set my phone back to v02 ????

varnerme

Having same problem...any fix?

0 Likes
dbates41
Enthusiast - Level 1

traded in a 2010 dodge journey for a 2012 and have had same problem. Dad has a samsung Gusto and I have a LG Cosmos. Gusto was not able to connect due to software upgrade, but Cosmos worked fine. After software upgrade the cosmos stopped connecting. It gets caught in a revolving door connects, starts to download phone book, powers phone down and starts all over again. Have to delete the phone from uconnect to be able to use phone or radio. When we were going on a road trip and needed a phone that would work with the car for safety had to purchase a prepaid gusto 2 for the trip. Now that cosmos is ready for upgrade will be making sure it connects to car.

crajd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have same exact problem with my LG Cosmos and my 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.  Kind of glad to hear that it isn't just me.  I guess noone has found a solution other than get a new phone.  Smiley Sad  Agree with dbates --- will definitely check to see if compatible with the UConnect (which I am very unimpressed by) before purchasing a new phone!  I was under the impression that the Cosmos was compatible, but I guess not.

0 Likes