Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

Unlimited Texting for Env3 Not Available?
slei

I went to the Verizon store the other day after buying a new Env3 to try to add on Unlimited Texting and they said it is not available for the Env3.  If I had known this before I would not have bought the phone.  What are the options for texting for the Env3?  I've done some researching on this but most of the discussions are from 3 years ago and I don't know if they still apply now.  I've heard of unlimited texting mobile to mobile do they still have this? becuase I mostly will be texting to other Verizon phones.

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited Texting for Env3 Not Available?
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

What plan are you on?  If you're on a Share Everything plan without data, then texting is pay-as-you-go; if you have a data plan, then unlimited texting is included.  If you're on a Nationwide plan, text packages should still be available, i.e., 1000 texts/month for $10 or unlimited texts for $20 if a single line and $30 for all lines on a family plan.  If it's prepaid, unlimited texting is included in the $60 and $70 plans.

Did the rep say why the env3 or your plan couldn't have an unlimited text package?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

What plan are you on?  If you're on a Share Everything plan without data, then texting is pay-as-you-go; if you have a data plan, then unlimited texting is included.  If you're on a Nationwide plan, text packages should still be available, i.e., 1000 texts/month for $10 or unlimited texts for $20 if a single line and $30 for all lines on a family plan.  If it's prepaid, unlimited texting is included in the $60 and $70 plans.

Did the rep say why the env3 or your plan couldn't have an unlimited text package?

0 Likes
slei

Thanks for the clarification.  I believe he said my plan could not have Unlimited texting.  What is the difference between a share everything plan and an nationwide plan? and will they allow me to change plans, because the rep didn't offer me any alternatives.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

Are you a new customer on a post-paid plan?  If so, then you're on a Share Everything plan and no, you couldn't change to a Nationwide plan because those are no longer offered (customers on the plan are grandfathered).

0 Likes
slei

Oh I switched to verizon about a year ago.  So there is no texting plan for the share everything plan with no data?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

No, the Share Everything plan with no data does not included texting; those are pay-as-you-go.  If you wanted to pay $30 more each month, you'd get unlimited talk, unlimited texts, and 500 MB of data.  Go to this link, then scroll to the bottom (Basic Phones:  Share Everything Options):

Plans - Share Everything - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
slei

Thanks for all this new information.  and sorry but I have one more question.  If i upgraded and did the $30 more a month and got the unlimited talk, text and 500mb of data that would be shared with my whole family plan right?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

Yes, the Share Everything plan shares minutes/texts/data across all devices on the plan.

0 Likes
slei

Thanks again for all your help.  You've answered all my questions so well.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Super User
Super User

You're welcome.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

0 Likes