Voicemail Icon Continues to Display
Dougw51

Why does the Voice mail icon remain after playback and deleting?

0 Likes
Re: Why does the Voice mail icon remain after playback and deleting?
Dougw51

Generally there are two icons on the main screen of my phone when I get a voice mail.  I get a missed call icon and voice mail icon with a notice that I have an email.  Both of these items used to disappear after I checked my voice mail message.  I think this problem started after I installed the last update.  Now the icons no longer disappear even though I have listened to my new voice mail.  Even when I have multiple emails the phone still leaves the icons and shows that I still have ONE valid email that I haven't listened to even though there are no valid emails.  Hope this explains my problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your phone model that you are using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dougw51

I'm sorry.  I'm new to this forum  I wrongly thought that where I started from carried over into my posts.  My bad.

It is a flip phone - and LG Exalt LTE.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's worrying to see the voicemail notification will not delete from your device, and we want to make sure that we help you get this situation corrected as soon as possible. We would like to ask you to please make sure that your device is disconnected from Wi-Fi. After that, please dial *86 from your device and access your voicemail. Please make sure all voicemails are deleted. This process should update voicemail notifications.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Dougw51! We want to make sure that this is resolved for you. Were you able to clear your messages? If so, did the notifications disappear? Have you tried restarting your phone? Does this happen with other notifications? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Dougw51

I currently have one email that I won't delete.  I need it for future reference.  The voice mail that wouldn't delete (even though I deleted it) finally deleted the next time that I deleted a new voice mail and the phone has worked fine since.  How weird.  Sorry it took so long to respond.  I am a CPA and I had to deal with the last of my tax clients before October 15th.

DougW51

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds good, Dougw51. I'm glad to hear that your phone is working as expected. To confirm, did you have any additional inquiries? For your reference, I have included our self-service support page here: www.verizonwireless.com/support

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes