Voicemail Problem >:(
kitcat8

So....  I have an LG Cosmo and whenever people call me my phone rings as it should... but if I can't pick it up, instead of giving people my voicemail like it should, it suddenly switches to "the number you call cannot be completed as dialed...." I get this exact same message when I go to access my voicemail, so I can't get in to reset it or anything. All of my other messaging functions work as they should (texting, calls received and dialed), so this is the only issue I'm having.... HELP!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Problem >:(
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to access voicemail?  You can try dialing your own # from a different phone, then hitting * when your message starts to play and following the prompts.  However, it sounds like you'll get a recording if you try that... does the same thing happen when you dial *86 from your cell phone?

You may need to call customer service (*611 from your handset, or 800-922-0204 from any phone) and have them look at the voicemail setup from their end, something may have gotten tangled up in the switch to the new phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kitcat8

More information that I forgot to add.... I just got this phone recently because I broke my last one... I'm assuming that the problem is origination with this phone somehow because I had my last one for years and I never had any voicemail issues... as far as I know the problems only started when I got this newest edition Cosmo.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to access voicemail?  You can try dialing your own # from a different phone, then hitting * when your message starts to play and following the prompts.  However, it sounds like you'll get a recording if you try that... does the same thing happen when you dial *86 from your cell phone?

You may need to call customer service (*611 from your handset, or 800-922-0204 from any phone) and have them look at the voicemail setup from their end, something may have gotten tangled up in the switch to the new phone.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I had trouble with voicemail a while ago and popped into a store and they had to fix it on their end.  Since I have no home phone to call from to fix it the rep called teck support from the store and got it reset for me and all has been fine since so you might need to do that.  Mary

0 Likes
kitcat8

This fixed it... Thank you! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
MarieBeeee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dialing *73 helped me, if the previous answer does not work for anyone else with the same problem. You will only hear a beep, but it will actually undo any call-forwarding that has been set up on your device, whether you did it on purpose or not. Then you should be able to access your voicemail without a problem.