Voicemail Setup outside of U.S,
Skipperkflowers

I am in Mexico and reactivated my wireless account. When folks call my number they get a message that mailbox has not been setup. Since I am not in U.S. the *86 does not work to VM. How can I setup my voice mail away from U.S.?  I have a standard phone LG Cosmos 2

Skipper

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Setup outside of U.S,
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can definitely set up your voicemail, even in Mexico Skipperkflowers! Just call your own phone number, and you will be directed into your voicemail box. The first time you call, you'll be prompted to set it up. After that, you'll have access to any messages that are left for you.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can definitely set up your voicemail, even in Mexico Skipperkflowers! Just call your own phone number, and you will be directed into your voicemail box. The first time you call, you'll be prompted to set it up. After that, you'll have access to any messages that are left for you.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Skipperkflowers

When we do that, we hear the message "this subscriber has not yet set up

their voicemail, please try again at a later time" The # key does not

interrupt this message.

Are we leaving something out?

Skipper

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Skipperkflowers, let's dive deeper! After review, the voicemail setup would have to be done in the U.S. prior to departing out of the country. Since it was not setup previously, dialing your own number and pressing pound won't work in this case. If you have a friend or family in the U.S., they can try dialing your phone number & press # setting up the voicemail for you.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Skipperkflowers

I had my daughter in Chicago dial our number and try to setup the

voicemail. She got the same result we did. The message " this voice mailbox

has not been set up, please try your call later" did not interrupt by

pressing #. The call just disconnected at the end of the message. could

there be a problem at your end. Maybe by removing and re adding the vmail

service?

Skipper Flowers

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I'm not sure you can setup call forwarding while in Mexico, but if you can, you MAY want to give Google Voice a try.

You can use it strictly as a voicemail service. It works better on smartphones because it has its own app, but it should work on a regular phone since you are given a phone number to call in order to retrieve your voicemails. You would also have the option to listen to your voicemails online at the Google Voice website.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for having her give it a try too, Skipperkflowers. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name so we can take a closer look at the voicemail set up on your account. You can also manage your voicemail feature through My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc and change from basic voicemail to either no voicemail or visual voicemail to trigger a change in your voicemail too.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Skipperkflowers

Kudos to the Verizon social media support staff, especially JenniferH_VZW. Through gaining a better understanding of the cause of my issue, several actions were taken. While an effort was made there was no resolution. JenniferH_VZW then suggested asking another dept. to step in and look into the issue. A resolution was then found and acted upon. Now we have our Voicxemail set up and can receive messages. This is a valuable feature to our phone service as we reside outside of the U.S. and our contact with family and friends is most often by phone. Also please note that the Verizon Cellular service (although roaming) works quite well in Mexico as opposed to another carrier (ATT) who could not get their phone to work after many hours of contact with them. While I am still having to deal with ATT service and support on an issue that caused me to drop their service, I am extremely pleased with the service and support offered by Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Skipperkflowers,

Thanks for the kudos and keeping us posted! I'm glad everything was resolved to your satisfaction. I will definitely forward your feedback to Jennifer and the entire social media team.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes