What is "Get it Now" back up and why did I get a message about cancelling it?
Nats1954

I got a message popped up on my phone to cancel my current Get it Now back up assistant. Didn't know I had it in the first place. What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is "Get it Now" back up and why did I get a message about cancelling it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Nats1954

I can definitely understand your concerns with this unexpected message you received on your wireless device.  I am happy to assist.

First, what model phone do you have?  The “Get It Now” application is a virtual store for basic phones where you can download applications for use on your wireless device.  Backup Assistant is a Verizon Wireless “Get It Now” application used to back up your device contacts.  See more information here: http://vz.to/1OygI5y.  How do you currently back up your device contacts?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: What is "Get it Now" back up and why did I get a message about cancelling it?
Nats1954

I am still unable to cancel back up assistant because I now have a new phone number but the same phone as I had with my old account. I just manually added my contacts to my new service on this phone but still had the old phone numbers from before. Also still have all my ringtones and pictures and etc. from old service on this phone. I am on a pay as you go data with my new service and don't plan on using any data. I am still confused why this message keeps popping up on my phone and why I can't fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nats1954 Error messages are definitely not ok. We're sorry for this inconvenience and want to help. When did you begin receiving the error message? What happens if you try and delete backup assistant? Open Backup Assistant and select the menu tab in order to delete. If you do not see Delete listed, please tell us the options that are available.

SheritaHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes