When will windows 8.1 be released for nokia icon?
pranahiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will windows 8.1 be released for nokia icon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will windows 8.1 be released for nokia icon?
pranahiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says starting summer, not by the end of summer. That's a big difference.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Anytime between now and the end of August.

Right now no US carrier or device is receiving the update.  Europe seems to be the only location at the moment.

0 Likes
wookietim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wanna know too... at this rate the UK and China will both have Cortana on their phones long before I will be allowed to upgrade... I mean, it's obvious that Windows 8.1 is ready to go since phones are being sold with it installed. And MS has announced that Cortana is getting released for the UK and Europe within two weeks (Before the end of July), so there isn't any technical reason I can see not to push it out for my Nokia Icon.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Read my post above yours.

The only people that know are people testing/approving the release and it isn't public knowledge.

To put much needed pressure on VZW read this thread, WP 8.1 Cyan Update = FCC Complaint

As of right now no US carrier is deploying Windows Phone 8.1.  Take it as you like.

0 Likes
winnamon84

Primortal...WPCentral is reporting that AT&T is deploying WP 8.1 and Cyan to Lumia 1520 (AT&T announces that the Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1 update is now live | Windows Phone Central).  Therefore, there is now a US carrier in the WP 8.1 release list.  I am still awaiting my HTC 8X to be upgraded.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Yeah, that was posted (1:19pm) after my post (12:27pm). Ill timing

0 Likes
winnamon84

Also, WPCentral had been reporting on Tuesday that AT&T was rumored to be rolling out WP 8.1 this week, as per evidence of the forum being marked as solved on their company website.  Just food for thought.

0 Likes
OldPirate
Enthusiast - Level 3

AT&T is rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 today according to wire reports.  I bought my ICON knowing 8.1 was coming and thinking Verizon would bring it out as fast as anyone considering they were selling the "home team" phone from Nokia/Microsoft.

I do hope we don't have to wait long although the local Verizon guys tended to look down their noses at me when I told them I preferred the promise of a Windows Phone over other things out there.

I owned an IPhone 4S for two years and my wife has a Galaxy 5S and for functional purposes my Icon is already equal to either in many ways, but like everyone else I'm ready for the latest frills to be added.

Let's roll Verizon!

0 Likes
pranahiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it is September now...

<< Personal comments removed >>

Post edited by:Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

There's about 20 business days left of the month and Microsoft did state that all devices would be updated by end of summer which is 9/22.

I'll take the hit for predicting the end of August, granted my post was before Microsoft announce the official release of Windows Phone 8.1, Lumia Cyan with Windows Phone 8.1 roll-out starts today (7/15/2015).

<< Personal comments removed >>

Post edited by:Verizon Moderator