Why can't I receive texts with ringtone attachments?
Kathleen2157

I have an LG EnV2 and I was able to transfer ringtones from my last phone to My Sounds, but I can't access them to use them as ringtones. I've tried emailing them to myself and downloading them again from PhoneZoo, but each time the message fails to send. They are not big files, all less than 30 seconds long, most less than 20 seconds. What's going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I receive texts with ringtone attachments?
budone
Legend

Trying looking in a music folder under the name unknown artists

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sending them to your 10 digit phone #@vzwpix.com?  Are you requesting that phonezoo send the ringtone to your phone?  I haven't had any problems getting the files sent to me from phonezoo.  Are you able to receive other multi-media text messages (those with pictures, for example?)

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

If the address is correct as SuzyQ pointed out, then sounds like you may have a block on your line for picture texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Kathleen2157!

We have some very good responses here. Thanks to everyone in the community for their input. I would have to ask as well, are you able to send/receive picture messages? You may have them blocked and we would want to get that removed. Please call in and we can do that (*611 or 800-922-0204). Have you also tried using your memory card in a computer and dragging and dropping the files then trying to use them on your phone? Please let us know if you are able to use them as ringtones now.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes